I finally converted my old blog posts from Livejournal to ikiwiki. They have no real value to anyone but me and it hasn't been a real priority to me anyway.

Livejournal is capable of exporting the blog posts in an xml format with html markup inside, so it's rather simple procedure to compile markdown pages for ikiwiki to consume. This is mostly because you can use plain HTML inside markdown pages.

I did the conversion with XSLT, which started with a simple template and grew up a bit once I added some cleanup features (like filenames and metadata). The script itself is available for download and the archive is available for browsing.

Comments on this page are closed.